lost city


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ayutthaya
March 30th 2006
Published: March 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,

well we made it to Ayuthaya! on the train, we kind of miss judged the train times from the station and ended up with a 3 hour wait, never mind, made it! Just 2 hours away is Ayuthaya the old capital city of thailand before the burmese smashed it up about 200 years ago in civil war. Anyway...its very very hot here, and its hard work. We rented bikes today and yesterday to get around (about 1.50 pound a day each! ) and this was def the way to travel. we were able to visit all the "wats" (temples) and they were amazing! all ruins but still impressive, also we saw one of the massive reclining budda's ( about 50m long and 20m high). We also saw one of the biggest sitting gold budda in southern thailand, , know idea how they got it into this temple in the first place, but it was very impressive. Spent some time with a cool ozzy guy called danny, also visiting the area! Well, we have dropped the bikes off now...just finding some cool in the hotel internet bit with air con. Then back to the train station ( over the river in a little long boat( 3baht)...which is..... well theres 63 Baht to the pound...work it out, our brains are fried, so train back to bangkok this afternoon (2hours away) and then on the bus down south, over night to krabi...bring on the beach....were so looking forwar to dipping in water when were tooooooo hot. Its nice here, the "old town" is not to new and more like vagas! the weather is very hot and humid, but there not really direct sun light, and not really clear blue sky, just humid... so the bus down south is 12 hours ( faster if they drive like a looney. First were staying in Ao Nong and then Rei lei beach then on the phi phi island ( where they filmed the "beach" for 2 nights...then over to ko samui...its all go, kinda getting used to the time diff, but both not sleeping straight through.

hope your all well,

Tim and harriet
xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0756s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb