Last few days of the TEFL course


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Rayong
May 9th 2007
Published: May 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Kate
For our final teaching practise on the course we taught the monks in the Temple School. This was a different experience because they were older, all teenagers. Also it was different for the girls because women are not allowed to touch monks. So when we wanted to hand out materials or pens or whatever we had to put it on a chair or a table and let them pick it up. It was difficult to remember! Also monks have lots of precepts, which are things they are not allowed to do. For example they are not allowed to clap, so there we were, clapping on our own at the front of the class! They are also not allowed to sing. It was good fun teaching them because their English was alot better than the kids at the summer camp and also they are really creative with their stories!

Our last few days in Ban Phe were spent finishing off our work and celebrating. The little restaurant where we had spent alot of lunchtimes and evenings eating put on a special dinner for us, with free food and whisky. It was a thank you for all the custom we had brought. The following evening, the boss of the TEFL school put on a big party at his condo complex. It was beside the swimming pool and he put on ribs and jacket potatos and pizza. There was lots of Chang beer and Kareoke. It was lots of fun.

Our final day on the course was a one day cultural awareness course, where we were given lots of advice on teaching and living in Thailand. That very evening, Kris and I jumped on a bus back to Bangkok ready to start work in our allocated school.





If you are interesting in TEFL courses and teaching in Thailand, check out the advice and information on our other blog: What Kate and Kris Did


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Kris James and AletiaKris James and Aletia
Kris James and Aletia

James in from London, and Aletia is from Tenessee. Just imagine the collection of accents between these three...
The girls being WWF wrestlers at the end of course pool partyThe girls being WWF wrestlers at the end of course pool party
The girls being WWF wrestlers at the end of course pool party

Kate, Naomi, Kirsten, Sophia, Erica, Lea and Katie.
Same girls - now being superherosSame girls - now being superheros
Same girls - now being superheros

KaFor some reason we all seem to be pretending to be Superman, except for Sophia, I really dont know what superhero she was trying to be.


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb