Tien-Ho


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
October 9th 2008
Published: October 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

EntranceEntranceEntrance

The entrance to Tien-Ho
Hi everyone, My plans didn't go quite to plan today because i was planning on going to the zoo here in Taipei because someone (Simon) lol told me the weather was going to be good but it wasn't, i woke to find it chucking it down so instead i decided to go to a temple near by that someone had recommended Tien-Ho, the entrance to the temple is hidden within a row of shops and from the outside you wouldn't even know it was there but inside......wow its just amazing i love the way they decorate temple's here there so ornate, and i felt better for offering the deity in Longshan some wine gums after seeing a local woman offering some dunkin' doughnuts to the Buddha statue 😊 I would upload some pictures but I'm having some trouble at the moment but i will do it as soon as i can, i then travelled to the other side of the city and spent the next 3 hours or so looking for a rock club that I'd read about in the book i have, to then find out that it had moved to Ximen which is where id just been (Where Tien-Ho Temple was) so i went back to Ximen and asked someone who seemed vaguely rock orientated if they knew where it was but she didn't but instead asked if i wanted to go with her and her friends to a shop near by, they asked me a lot about England & i asked them about Taiwan & they took me to a japanese restaurant where i had some kinda beef & rice omelette thing lol which was surprisingly tasty, to cut a long story short when i told them i was going to go to the zoo they asked if we could go together tomorrow as its a public holiday celebrating the independence of Taiwan from Japan & there not in school (they have to be in school until there 18) they also kept trying to teach me some Chinese but with not a lot of success but there English is very good. Tomorrow is my last day here before i go to Hong Kong on Saturday morning so i will write again then.
Take care everyone

Alex



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

BouncersBouncers
Bouncers

This and the other statue guard the entrance
IncenseIncense
Incense

This spiral is an Insense Stick!


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb