Taiwan - 8 Days (East - West)


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taichung
February 4th 2014
Published: February 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Taiwan 8 Days - Day 1

From Tao Yuan International Airport to Taichung.

Cai Hong CunCai Hong CunCai Hong Cun

Cai Hong Cun (Rainbow Village)
It's been a while that I last traveled to some place cool. I decide to travel to Taiwan during Spring, thinking it might be somewhat cooling (20 degress and above) but didn't expect it to be that cold (below 10 degrees).

8 Days in Taiwan (17 Jan - 24 Jan 2014). From East to West Taiwan. This is my third time there and decide to post my trip here.

Took Tiger Airways to Taiwan. The plane as usual, wasn't really on the dot but wasn't too late either.

From Tao Yuan International Airport. I ate lunch at some eatery in Tao Yuan and off to Taichung. Trip took 2 hours there.

First stop to Cai Hong Cun, Rainbow Village. Its a village where there is this old man who draws "graffiti" on almost "everywhere" in the village. The guide said that this village used to be a village for retired soldiers and this particular soldier loved drawing so much that he painted everywhere. Due to urbanization, most of the village are torn down by the government. The only house left over is his (Grandpa Rainbow). Quite sad but at least we can still see it.

After the village, we went to hotel (Eiffel Hotel) to settle down and take a rest. At night we will be setting off to Feng Jia Night Market, which is about 200m-300m away from our hotel.

Oh.. night time is cold and very windy. Feng Jia Night Market looks very much like any night market in Taiwan, but this one is one of the "must-go's" if you are in Tai Chung. It features lots of snacks and some wasn't available in other parts of Taiwan, at least not from the night markets I've been to.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Cai Hong CunCai Hong Cun
Cai Hong Cun

Some of the remains of the village.
Snacks of Feng JiaSnacks of Feng Jia
Snacks of Feng Jia

Fried preserved eggs...
Snacks of Feng JiaSnacks of Feng Jia
Snacks of Feng Jia

BBQ Oysters!
Snacks of Feng JiaSnacks of Feng Jia
Snacks of Feng Jia

Sausage wrapped in glutinous rice.


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb