墾丁- Around the Island for Chinese New Year (Part 2)


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Kenting
February 23rd 2010
Published: July 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Once Chinese New Year's Eve was over, it was time to head to the beach. We spent three days there. The plan was to surf and hike. The weather wasn't too great, but we did get a day of surfing in on Claire's birthday. Other than that, it was cool - literally and figuratively.

Wednesday was Claire's birthday. It was cool.

Hey...?...it's late July 2010, and I'm just getting around to posting this. We've been busy. Really busy. We'll be finished with Taiwan on September 1st. From here we'll head to Kuala Lumpur for a few days of R&R and hopefully to meet up with a few friends (Rob included!) and then we'll head to Shillong, India for some volunteer work with Impulse NGO Network. We'll be putting our amazing business skills to use (and we'll be leaving ESL teaching behind...forever!).

If you want to learn a little more about "why BA and Claire are going to India" check out our website www.SocialPartnerships.org

See ya here for part 3, The Taroko Gorge and Taipei, soon!

BA


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Awesome!Awesome!
Awesome!

@Chiayi Park: This dude is pulling double axles on roller skates. I think he might go for triples sometimes!
That's a train stationThat's a train station
That's a train station

Kaohsiung train station
NutsNuts
Nuts

These nuts can be purchased around the southern coast of Taiwan (these are in the previous pics). They are really, really good. I wish I knew the name.
FinallyFinally
Finally

at the beach
KentingKenting
Kenting

There's a night market thing along the main street of Kenting. These little pinball machines are very popular with the kiddies.
Brotherly LoveBrotherly Love
Brotherly Love

with Rob and Steve
Kenting Nightlife SucksKenting Nightlife Sucks
Kenting Nightlife Sucks

Yeah I said it. The best thing to do is get cheap 7-11 beer, watch the outdoor band and take stupid pictures


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb