Day 4 ~ Taroko National Park


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Hualien
August 19th 2008
Published: October 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

My Taiwan Journey


Greetings from Eastern Taiwan
Tuesday, 19th August 2008



The day trip to the Taroko National Park was memorable because:-

• It offered a great orientation for first time visitors to the gorge.
• Precious time was not wasted on shopping.
• Reasonable stopping time at the various attractions in the park.
• Sumptuous lunch was served at the Grand Formosa Tiensiang.

I missed the black pepper salmon fried rice, the scallops (very fresh) with asparagus and the steam yellow chicken. So much so that when I got back to Singapore, I requested mum to try adding salmon and black pepper to her fried rice. It has since become a family favourite.

Mr friendly guide was knowledgeable and passionate about "his" park. Even though he has been doing this for the past 20 years, I could still sense his child-like excitement in introducing visitors to various places in the park. With his interesting commentary, he was oftened quick to suggest the best photo angles to capture the park's natural beauty.

He kept lamenting that one day is never enough to explore the park proper and that most visitors tend to spend too little time in Hualien. It was a pity as the city has so much to offer.

After spending two days in eastern Taiwan, it was easy to fall in love with the place. For its sheer beauty and fresh air. It helped that Hualien is closed to the sea. 15 minutes walk from my hotel would bring me to the doorstep of Pacific Ocean.

This morning, while the tour bus was picking up passengers at various hotels in Hualien, I passed by this this lovely brick-covered Eurpoean boutique hotel. A surpise find in traditional eastern Taiwan. This gave me inspirations where to stay for my future Hualien trips (if the day comes again). Of course, it would be great if I could be the proud owner of this hotel ....



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 84; dbt: 0.2186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb