Wenshan Hot Spring


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Hualien
May 17th 2008
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Read about a hot spring in the wilderness. Once our host at Heartstay B&B, Yang Baba & Mama, knew that we wanted to visit this hot spring, they went out of the way to check around if the hot spring is accessible. The last they knew was that the place was destroyed by some tyhoon some years ago. But their friends confirmed that it's now accessible again. Yohoo!

After visiting the other sights at Taroko, it's time for our hot spring.

Had to climb over railings, cross a suspension bridge, slip down some big rocks and tada... finally we get to Wenshan hot spring at Taroko National Park.

We had the whole place to ourselves when we were there. The cave in the mountain was amazing! It has 2 pools and even mats laid out at the side. Carefully placed our barang barang and hot spring here we come. But ouch! It's soooo hot. Had to go in really slowly slowly. Was like stewing ourselves in a hot pot. Only Lulu and OSM can tahan, esp Lulu who tried to "warm" her skin in attempt to cure her rashes problem.

Yang Mam was very kind to prepare
No peepingNo peepingNo peeping

Taking turns to change behind the towel
2 big boxes of fruits for our outing. Soaking in the hot spring, biting into the juicy fruits and yummy snacks we bought at the doujiang place, snapping photos and laughing at one another.... Von machiam like posing for Playboy, almost killed Yang Baba with her bombastic figure ;p

Some other people came along to intrude our exclusive experience. Decided we should pack up and get changed. Once again, we have our innovative ways to get changed despite no proper changing facilities nearby. Here comes our super big towel, with 2 people holding onto the 2 ends and 2 others playing human shield. Stressful but so hilarious. We all changed in record-breaking speed.

All satisfied after a good soak. So good that we all slept like pigs that night.







Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb