It’s a small world after all


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Hualien
April 6th 2018
Published: April 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

One thing that is unusual about coming to this part of Taiwan.... especially the B&B. Wherever I go in the world, I see predominantly Americans. Well, we are big and we love to travel. At this B&B, there are 4 sets of guests. A British pair, a family from Hong Kong (the husband is originally from UK and the wife from the Philippines), an Israeli couple, a single guy from Australia, and us who are American. Why would an Israeli couple come visit Taiwan was amazing to me and how they found this tiny little B&B is even more amazing. We chatted over breakfast and dinner, we got to know everybody pretty well (more than just what they do and where they came from...) and we experienced the near death bike ride together. But on the day of departure I wasn’t sure of the social convention of such encounter. Should we take photo together? Should we leave emails for future contact? Should we hug or just shake hands? I honestly didn’t know and neither option sounded right. Especially the Israeli couple that I get to know so well, we were almost like close friends. At the end we ended up with hodgepodge of farewells and knowing we will never see each other again. Travel makes you ponder if in a different time different place, will I be friends with certain people that we meet. Obviously no photo from this blog entry!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb