Friends


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Chiayi
January 16th 2008
Published: February 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Waiguos at the PubWaiguos at the PubWaiguos at the Pub

Our first night back we had to hit the local foreigner watering hole.
The trip to Taiwan was mostly to see friends, and see friends we did. We stayed with Ty and Beth in exchange for taking care of their cat while they were on vacation. All our friends gave us a warm reception--and there was much rejoicing. Yay.

Our Taiwanese friends Nick and XieYun fed us and stuffed us full of tea for the duration of our stay in Taiwan. They were also kind enough to take time out of their busy schedules to ferry us around to some premier destinations. Though I'm not sure how well their sons liked being shoved in with four adults in a mid-sized car. Due to an unforseen circumstance, they ended up taking us to the Tainan County Salt Museum where we jumped at the chance to snap our picture in Taiwan's only salt house.

Mark and Georgina seem to be doing well, though it was pretty hard to catch both of them. Mark's finishing up his iMBA in Taiwan and had to run off to the mainland. Happily Alex and Georgina got to catch up on their favorite shared activity--talking through movies at the MTV (movie room).

The old gaming crew, save Matt,
Tea at BefeminTea at BefeminTea at Befemin

Nick serves oolong tea in front of the new family breakfast shop.
was still around, so we all got together to save the world. Half-orc, Dwarf, Halfling, Kobold, what a team. Eric died. Haha. We also got to bowl again at the same old place. By some miracle, Alex's ball, the Mind Bullet, was still at the roll house.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

CheersCheers
Cheers

Chris, Al and XieYun toast you all.
The Fabulous Salt HouseThe Fabulous Salt House
The Fabulous Salt House

Nick, XieYun, Chris and Alex send warm greetings from the Tainan County Salt Museum's salt house!
Mark and GeorginaMark and Georgina
Mark and Georgina

Chris, Alex, Mark and Georgina enjoy a nice late lunch.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb