Explore Mount Lavinia


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Western Province » Mount Lavinia
March 3rd 2014
Published: March 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

03.03.2014 - Day 2



Woke up from a well deserved 15 hours sleep!!! Boom we are now on Sri Lankan time!!



Woke up to a power cut so not even the fan was working in the sauna, sweaty betty messes!!!!



Freshened up and headed out to find a supermarket, never thought we would have to risk our lives to get some sun cream and razor blades! Zebra crossings in Sri Lanka are not the same as England!! Deano spotted a lovely old local lady crossing the road and decided to use her as a shield, as a result we made it back to our hotel safely, however we soon realised that our shopping bag had a hole in the bottom and only managed to get 1 of the 2 bottles of sun cream back safely, 430rps wasted!



Headed down to the beach and walked the WHOLE stretch of Lavinia beach in the mid day sun!! Got ripped off for a bottle of sprite and met Russian red Goldy.



Kept walking down the beach further and headed off the beach towards Colombo city centre. After not eating for around 20 hours, we found a shack and ate some chicken biryani. Watched a guy eating a curry with his hands and safe to say Dani didn't eat hers but Deano still made the lot disappear. Ate the curry so quick that we didn't realise how spicy it was until we stopped, wow!! 2 people fed, watered and tip left all for £2.75.



When leaving we debated walking another marathon to the city or not and seeing as Dani was tired, grumpy and still a bit hungry we headed back towards the beach!



Sat and chilled watching the crazy crabs for half hour then continued the walk back, stopped at a really nice restaurant for a drink and watched the sunset. We then tried to find out where the train station was from Patricks (Hostel owner) instructions and found it easily. We then tried to work out the mental train timetable and took a picture to work out later to avoid us looking like total tourist knobs.



We then headed back to the room and found a mini supermarket and brought loads of goodies for the train journey tomorrow - lots of biscuits, crisps and spicy snacks all for under £1



We dropped the bag off and then walked into town to find something cheap to eat - the roads, people and shops are crazy!!



We ended up back on the beach at the restaurant we were at earlier as didn't have much luck in town



After the meal we went back to the hotel and logged onto wifi to make a plan for tomorrow. We found a nice place called Relax Inn at Hikkaduwa beach for £11... Bargain!



Back to the sauna to freshen up with a cold shower and bedtime!! Bedtime tonight is in the middle of the room under the fan dying of thirst

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb