Beautiful Island Paradise of Sri Lanka


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Western Province » Colombo
September 7th 2018
Published: September 7th 2018
Edit Blog Post

When one visits the island paradise of Sri Lanka, they are captivated by the history, culture, art and scenery that this country has to offer. While some of the more adventurous visitors wish to scale up the wall of the Lion’s rock, or explore the dark and mysterious caves of Dambulla; others choose to take this well-deserved holiday to relax and soak up some sun. The sandy beaches to the south of the island become tourist magnets especially during the summer.

With its beautiful golden sands and the clear blue waters, the southern beaches and the hotels play host to hundreds of visitors, looking for some fun and entertainment. Not everyone wants to check into expensive mainstream hotels. Some prefer the calm and quiet that only boutique hotels in Sri Lanka provide. While these hotels accommodate only a few guests, they still provide the same level of comfort and luxury as any other hotel; all at a very reasonable cost. Tangalle which is one of the large towns of the Hambantota district is home to a large number of these boutique hotels. These boutique hotels in Tangalle, have a mix of both art and culture together with luxury. The Last House is one such establishment.

Housing six fully furnished bedrooms and a central swimming pool, the Last house is among the best boutique hotels in Sri Lanka. Every luxury, special offer and other activity the hotel offers can be viewed directly from the comfort of your own home. With a few clicks of a mouse, you could see all and more.

This luxurious hotel has room to accommodate up to 14 guests. The rooms can be reserved individually or as a whole package. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Each room is built to face the crashing waves as they dash against the rocks and the sand. The surrounding trees and shrubs create a perfect balance between the blazing sun and the cool sea breeze, creating a beautiful island paradise.

If you don’t want to relax and laze around during the whole trip, there are so many interesting activities and places to see, to while away the time. The beautiful stronghold created by the Dutch in 1640 is one such example. This amazing fort has stood the test of time. Within its walls lies a rich history, filled with secrets. Go further south and you run into one of UNESCO’s world heritage site. This is none other than the Galle fort. Built in 1588 by the Dutch, this fort is now home to a variety of shops and hotels.

If you prefer a bumpy ride on a jeep through the wilderness, you could pop over to the Yala National Park. The Park’s guides will be more than happy to accommodate everyone, as they take you through the entire sanctuary. The flora and fauna of this park is numerous. Everyone with cameras rush to photograph the beautiful elephants and leopards. It will indeed be a glorious day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb