Adding a hint of Modern Elegance and Luxuries…


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Central Province » Kandy
September 7th 2018
Published: September 7th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Why would anyone choose a boutique hotel over a mainstream one? Is there some advantage that local hotels don’t want you to know about? If you are about to take your next family vacation, and you see yourself asking these questions, you’ve come to the right place. Is your next vacation leading you to central Sri Lanka, where the hills are enormous and the roads never stop winding, where it’s always cold and the land is covered in mist? Well, the Kandy House is for you.

The Kandy house among others is a boutique hotel. It is the perfect place to be if you are looking for a hotel in Kandy . What do they offer? While many of the more mainstream hotels are spacious and boast of all the luxuries they have, the boutique hotels offer a guest much more. The Kandy house is no different. Like the name suggests, the hotel is in fact a house built in the early 80’s. The family that owned this fine manor had restored it back to its original glory, while adding a hint of modern elegance and luxuries. Each and every room in the house has its own unique personality with its own story to tell. Every room has been named after a type of butterfly that thrives in Sri Lanka. Also they are artistically restored with all forms of beautiful fabrics and antique furniture, all keeping with the experience that the owners had intended. Each room overlooks the beautiful hills of Kandy. The sun glistening over the tree tops and the ever changing sky, augment one’s experience here as well. The rich culture and history of that era and the house itself is evident by the choice of art and the beautiful furniture that the entire hotel houses.

If you are a honeymoon couple, or even a family looking for a hotel in Kandy, Sri Lanka, the Kandy House is definitely for you. While the hotel itself provides all forms of entertainment, the surrounding areas hold so many wondrous things, enough to peek anyone’s curiosity and love to go on an adventure. There are a number of historical temples that you can visit while you are in Kandy. The most famous being the sacred temple of the tooth relic. If you rather go on a long walk, surrounded by beautiful flowering plants, and trees that are as old as the hills themselves, the Peradeniya Botanical gardens are for you. The Kandy House also has the means necessary to organize activities (especially outdoor) if you are not interested in the sights around it.

Whether your palate craves food from your respective native countries, or you want to experiment with local Sri Lankan dishes, the chefs at Kandy House are willing to meet your every gourmet desire. The Kandy House is equipped to dish out your favorite Sri Lankan meals. They maintain all the international standards that any mainstream hotel would. The ingredients used to prepare these delicious dishes are very fresh and are all local produce. You can really feel at home here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb