The Beautiful Thalpe Beach


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Southern Province » Galle
November 9th 2014
Published: November 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sri Lanka is famous for its beautiful beaches, especially the southern coast. Some of the most famous beaches are Unawatuna, Hikkaduwa, Beruwala and Mirissa. All of those beaches offer different attractions. Unawatuna offers beautiful sea bathing conditions, Hikkaduwa is perfect for the adventurous with coral diving and beach parties. Beruwala offers luxury hotels and Mirissa is one of the worlds best places for whale watching. With so many beaches its easy to forget that there are many other lesser known lovely beaches in the southern coast. And today we're going to talk about one of the loveliest ones of them all, The beautiful Thalpe beach.

What makes Thalpe so special is its location. Its just 10 minutes drive from Galle, one of the most popular tourist destinations in Sri Lanka. Whether you're a history lover, adventure lover or just want to enjoy the culture and cuisines Galle has it all. The Galle Fort is a world heritage site and takes you back to the colonial days where the Dutch and the British ruled Sri Lanka. Its famous for its beach cafes where you can enjoy delicious sea food. And there are plenty of cultural activities specially targeting tourists. You can enjoy all this while spending a tropical beach holiday just few kilometers away.

It is also one of the most beautiful beaches in Sri Lanka and one where you get relative privacy compared to other popular beaches in Sri Lanka. Thalpe beach doesn't have many luxury hotels, but what if offers is luxurious beach villas perfect for families and small groups. Most of these villas comes with private beaches as well. And its usually safe for sea bathing all year around too.

As I mentioned above it has more villas than hotels and those villas don't come cheap either. If you're visiting on the off season then you can pretty much have the whole beach for yourself. So if you're visiting Sri Lanka for a beach holiday and if you have a considerable budget then Thalpe beach is one of the best places you can choose.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb