Seoul Part 2


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
November 10th 2006
Published: December 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Traditional Japanese Dinner 1Traditional Japanese Dinner 1Traditional Japanese Dinner 1

Roisin, Craig and Ronan
After sitting on the floor of a train for 2 and half hours we made it back to Seoul, and back to the same guesthouse. Since we were going to be up very early the next morning for the DMZ we headed straight to bed. (see seperate entry for DMZ).

That evening when we returned from the DMZ we met up Roisin, Stephen, Craig and Amanda and went for a tradional Korean dinner in Insadong.We enjoyed some great food and some local beverages including soju, bamboo leaf wine and rice wine. Afterwards we met Krista in Route 66 for some Long Island Ice Teas before heading to Itaewon for some dancing and more crazyiness.

The next morning (well actually it was the afternoon, we crawled out of bed and headed to Myeong-dong with Rosin and Stephen. We met up with the others for food in the Three Allies Bar before an early night.

The following day we took the subway to Suwon, which took about an hour and half. We spent the day walking around the city walls, they are 6km long and enclose the city centre, although the city has now expanded outside of them. The walk was really nice, despite the pouring rain. That evening we returned to Seoul and met up with Adrian, the guy from Singapore sharing our room, for a few beers. We spent most the evening in a bar called The Flair, where the bar staff entertained themselves and their customers with juggling bottles, mixing tricks, and some pretty bad dancing.

The next morning we along with Adrian headed to the War Memorial Mueseum, which was really interesting and well presented. Afterwards we went for a Korean lunch with Adrian in a small resturant beside our guesthouse, where Adrian had made himself a regular. We enjoyed a spicy lunch washed down with some soju, and said our goodbyes to Adrian as he was heading home.

That evening we took the subway up to Uijeongbu. We had some difficulty making ourselves understood by a taxi driver, but eventually found our way to the Wa Bar to meet Rosin and Stephen. We checked into a motel just down the road and had a few beers with them as it was our last night in Seoul.

The next morning we went up to Roisin's apartment for a delicious breakfast (tuna sandwiches actually). We said our goodbyes to Roisin and Stephen before they headed to work,

Next Stop Gyeongju...



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

No PicturesNo Pictures
No Pictures

Yeah We Know the Jackets Are Matching But For 15 Euro You Couldn't Say No
Ah Long Island Ice TeasAh Long Island Ice Teas
Ah Long Island Ice Teas

Amanda, Stephen, Ronan, Krista and Craig


Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 89; dbt: 0.1448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb