Snow, Snow, Glorious Snow


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul » Sincheon
February 29th 2008
Published: March 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

By Chris: Left the balmy 30 degree conditions of the beautiful Boracay Island to set forth for Seoul, South Korea, however a delightful 7 hour stopover awaited us at Bangkok Airport, i think Ive seen just about enough of that particular Building !!!!

However my mood was tempered somewhat by the fact that i got an upgrade to business class !!!! Happy Days, a better seat meant slept virtually the whole way, far nicer than cattle class, Im not sure If Ill be able to go back !!!


So w arrived in Seoul and got directed by Mandy, an american english teacher to an area called sinchon, when we got here the snow began to fall and we couldnt see any hotels at all, however luckily a guy who spoke English took pity on me in my shorts and showed us to an area with hotels, however many of them turned out to be "love hotels" with only double beds, however we found one with two beds so that was all good, and it had the biggest TV Ive ever seen (unfortunatly with only 5 english speaking channels, although it did have the Korean play Boy Channel) and an interent capable PC not to mention a steamer in the shower and a ready supply of condoms !!!!


So we spent the next few days of our short stopover In Seoul (5 days) looking around the city, which was quite nice if not a little cold, Seoul has an excellent, cheap train system which makes gettinga round a breeze.

Went to the tourist area Itaewon, but its marekest didnt really compare to those in other cities we,ve visited.

I decided to have go and make my way to a ski field (whilst haydn decided to tackle the massive Electronics market In Yansadong), so i chose the yangi pine resort, although the book I had didnt exactly give great directions there, but i still made it on to slopes by 9:45am and it was 50% discount day, so it was all good, Yangi was a pretty small field and i basically had mastered all the runs after a few hours, but never the less it still felt great to be on the slopes again !!! (just shows how small the world is nowadays when i can go from sitting on the sand in my short shorts to being in a full on ski outfit within 5 days !!!)

So it was farewell Korea and off to Bangkok, to the final leg of our South-East Asian Journey

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb