Dormatories and Temples


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
February 10th 2008
Published: February 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

by Chris: Took the bus to Siam Reap, only to discover that the only beds haydn and I (Plus our new German friend, V) could find were $4 a night dorm beds, although for the second night we all got in to more luxury accomodation.

Got up at 4AM yes thats right 4AM, a time which im not too familar with, to go see sunrise at Angkor Wat temple, the place was absoloutely beautiful and despite the fact it was teeming with tourists there are still places in the temples where you would feel alone and isolated and from an architecture/landscape architecture point of view the whole area was absoloutly breathtaking, words can't really do it justice, well not mine anyway, so please look at the pics and even then you really have to go there and see it for yourself, even if it is teeming with tourists.

Siam Reap is an OK place and id like to go back and spend more time there, our tuk-tuk driver for the day invited us to come to his village, alas Haydn and i were travelling back to Phomn Penh so we had to decline, which was a bit of a bummer but these things happen unfortunatly, but this is one place I would definitly like to come back to and have a decent look around In.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb