Spending a small fortune in Seoul


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul » Insadong
June 30th 2007
Published: June 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I forgot just how different to Busan Seoul really is. We live near Busan which is very Asian; bright lights, hectic, busy streets etc. Seoul is very much like London with its cosmopolitan feel, wider streets, and so many waegooks that you almost forget you are in Asia!

After an amazing morning at the DMZ we headed back to the centre of Seoul and hit the electronics market. A few months back we had our camera stolen. I was pretty gutted as this had been a gift from all my friends at Haymarket. We have been saving to buy a new one and the electronics market had been rumoured to sell cameras at half the price of those sold in England.

The market was massive; rows upon rows of electronics, MP3's, cameras, camcorders, phones, laptops and DVD's. After half an hour or so we managed to get a good deal on a new Nikon s500. The guy in the shop was really great as he allowed us to use his in-store internet so I could do a price comparison on websites back at home to see how good our deal was. Needless to say, buying the camera in Korea saved us over £125. I am not normally that interested in gadgets but I have to admit the camera is a bit special!

More shopping was done before we all headed back to the area of Insadong, where we were staying, and passed out on the patio of a bar. We ordered a few beers and sat and listened as the monsoon rains pelted down on the umbrella we were sat under.

We had all been up at 6am so called it a day and hit the sack by 1am. It was such a great day.





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb