Moving apartments


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Busan
June 21st 2007
Published: June 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have recently moved apartment. When we fist moved to Korea the contract Andy took was based on our apartment which was big, new and very modern. Unfortunately, when the contract was signed we didn’t realise we were signing up for 7 months of abuse, racist chants and indecent exposure from our neighbour.

The neighbour, I will refer to him as *s* as been an absolute nightmare from the word go. It all began when we first moved in back in November and was often told to 'shut up' and 'be quiet'. This then moved on to smashing things, kicking at our door and strangling a friend of ours who came for dinner. Our evenings were often spent whispering to one another and literally tip-toeing around our home as to not annoy the neighbour. In short, we felt a bit like prisoners in our own home, not being able to entertain or listen to music.

Things came to a head on a Monday afternoon a few weeks ago when I was at home alone and heard a knock at the front door. Upon opening the door I was faced with *s* standing there naked, smiling and looking straight at me. I closed the door, nervously laughed and then thought about how serious this final incident was. I called Andy at work and within 4 days we had moved into a new apartment. We didn’t call the police, how could we explain what had happened?

Thank God for friends! We were only given a 5 hour window to pack up our things and move them into our new apartment which is a 10 minute walk away from our old one, so within 3 hours and 30 extra pair of hands we moved into our new home.

We are really happy here. There are no new buildings being built around us so we are not woken up daily with banging from the builders, which happened daily at 6am in our old apartment. We are also in the 'hub' of the town so we literally walk 2 seconds to our right and we are at the supermarket, 2 seconds to the left and we are at the batting cages and straight across the road is Paris Baguette where we can buy fresh bread and cakes!

The only downside is Andy had his bike stolen from outside the apartment last week.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb