Seoul - The Beating Heart of South Korea


Advertisement
Asia » South Korea » Seoul » Insadong
August 20th 2018
Published: August 20th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Dear All Greetings from Seoul! My final stop on my adventures this summer. I am glad to have arrived here, and feel quite proud of myself for having made it overland and independently from Tokyo to Seoul, having seen some amazing places and had some amazing experiences on the way. It is from Seoul, on Wednesday, that I fly back to my beloved England, and settle into my everyday life again once mo... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 115, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




20th August 2018

Awesome trip...
no wonder you are tired and read for home. I've enjoyed following your adventure. Until next time...
21st August 2018

Home
Yay, thanks Bob! I appreciate that you've followed my trip with me :D I agree, I think it has also been quite awesome, I have very much enjoyed it :)
21st August 2018

Next time
Indeed, until next time! I shall also look out for any further of your trips :)
22nd August 2018

You visited the North Korea border covertly?
That’s just nuts! Glad you lived to tell this tale.
22nd August 2018

North Korea
I know! I think I was really quite naive and rather stupid to be honest. I would not do it again. The visit from the South Korean side was much more official, orderly, and probably a whole lot safer...
22nd August 2018

Congratulations on 100 blogs
I'm always giddy when they let me check in early. It is such a simple thing but I love it. I'm glad you entered South Korea the way you did and saw some small towns. I'm always disappointed when people fly to the U.S. and go to NYC, LA and Vegas and think they have seen America. I would design a very different trip for them. 2002 I'm glad you've matured and would use better judgement when visiting North Korea. As I read about your boat ride I was glad you remained safe. (and of the two choices you gave... naive ? maybe not. ha ha) Teasing you a bit. We are much older than you but these days we plan a down day in our travels to rest from all the things we do and see. Sometimes we get hit with sensory overload and need the break from all the beautiful, wonderful and interesting things.
23rd August 2018

Thanks Merry
It's always a pleasure to read your comments, thanks Merry. Indeed, I would choose the other description, not naive... When I was young though, I don't think I had as much caution as I do now, perhaps this comes with age and experience. Indeed, I feel the same about visitors who visit London but not the rest of the "real" UK. A day of sensory downtime is a great idea, and actually probably beneficial for the enjoyment of the trip as a whole I think. If I had had time on this trip I would have done it, but there was just so much to see - lol! I look forward to reading about your next trip, I seem to remember an African journey is somewhere in the planning...
23rd August 2018

Maturity not stupidity
When we are younger we just don't see all the possible outcomes... and don't think bad things will happen to us. Enjoy your downtime at home and you'll now have time to reflect on all those amazing things you did.
23rd August 2018

Thank you
Thank you Merry. I appreciate this. And I am looking forward very much to the down time and reflection :)

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 14; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb