Outback Steakhouse!


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Jeollabuk-do » Jeonju » Gaeksa
October 24th 2008
Published: January 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yes, we have an Outback Steakhouse in Jeonju! It is not as good as home, but at least it gives us a taste of delicious Western prepared food!

Tom's contract is soon coming to an end, so his mom flew from England to visit and take him home. She is a very sweet lady and invited Joni and I to join her and Tom for dinner at Outback. We had to wait for Joni to finish her class at 9 pm and then hustle out to downtown. Oddly, Outback closes at about 10, and stops serving around 9:30. I think it might be because it doesn't have a bar.

When we got there, both Tom's mom and Joni needed a restroom break, so they headed off while Tom and I grabbed a back booth. Soon, Tom's mom returned a little embarrassed and a little wet. As soon as Tom saw his mom, he said, "Oh no, I forgot to tell you not to touch any of the buttons!" Apparently, at the restaurant, there is an armrest-type thing that has many buttons on it. One of those buttons triggers the bidet! So while she was turned around, trying to flush the toilet, she was squirted by the thing that is supposed to clean your... well, you know. I have heard that another one of those buttons controls the heated toilet seat, but since they're all in Korean, I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. The other buttons remain a mystery. So the moral of the story is DON'T TOUCH ANY OF THE BUTTONS ON THE TOILET! If you can't find the flusher, it may be a button on the floor that you step on. One like this is at the Bone Hospital.

So on a lighter side, we had some most delicious food! I had a petite sirloin steak with mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, and fresh bread. YUMMY! I can't wait to have a meal like that again! Upon leaving, they also gave us take-out baggies of their fresh bread! I needed a delicious Western-prepared meal!

Tom and his mom were good company and we learned a lot about them. The most interesting thing is that Tom's brother-in-law is Elton John's gardener! Yes, that is the Rocketman himself, Elton John! Amazing! I also asked if they had ever seen the Queen, and no, they hadn't, although she is out in the public quite a bit, so they could if they really wanted to.

Our delicious and entertaining night soon came to an end and we all parted ways.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb