Jeju Strikes Back!


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Jeju
April 7th 2007
Published: April 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Horse ridingHorse ridingHorse riding

My friends said I looked like a real cowgirl... I think they were just flattering me... Photo courtesy of, well, the guy who led my horse, via Noelle's camera. :-)
So, one more trip to Jeju-do! Last weekend, I met with 65+ of my closest friends in Seogwipo, Jeju-do (Jeju Island), for a Fulbright teaching conference. What fun! I had a great time, and it was a pretty productive conference. More importantly, I had at least three all-you-can-eat Western-style buffets, ate many, many helpings of French toast, spoke unbroken, fluent English for more than 48 hours, got to celebrate a friend’s birthday (replete with Indian food and sangria—not at the same time, mind you), went to the norae-bang (singing room) again, rode a horse, and saw a lovely waterfall. So, a successful weekend. Unfortunately, it rained on and off most of the weekend while we were there, but it didn’t put a damper on my mood or the festivities!

Since last weekend, not much has changed, except that the flowers have become more beautiful and the weather warmer. I’m really excited about things warming up—minus the addition of mosquitoes. I’m ready to officially dump my winter coat! Things at school are same old, same old—I love my students and am going to have a really hard time leaving in August.

This weekend, I’m going to a wedding in
WaterfallWaterfallWaterfall

My Fulbright friends (Noelle, Christina, and David) in front of the waterfall.
Gwangju (two hours from here). My Vice Principal’s daughter is getting married, and he invited me along. So, that will be a fun event. Then, after that, I’m going up to Seoul to meet a friend who’s coming in for a visit. That should be fun, too!

Well, that’s about all the update that I can give. Happy spring, and happy Easter!

(Pictures forthcoming... :-))


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

WaterfallWaterfall
Waterfall

Waterfall near the hotel...
ConquerorConqueror
Conqueror

At the base of the waterfall. Photo courtesy of Christina Brittain.
CoconutCoconut
Coconut

Need I explain? Photo courtesy of Christina Brittain.
At the norae-bangAt the norae-bang
At the norae-bang

The best norae-bang I've ever been to... embarrassing photo of my friend Susie. If she ever sees this, well, she'll forgive me.


Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb