Graduation & start of new school year


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Incheon
March 6th 2009
Published: May 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So the past month has been a hectic one at school, rushing through books to get them finished before the end of the school year. This didn't mean it was time for school holidays though.. oh no.. we started straight back at school the following monday. Graduation was a massive deal for our KINDERGARTEN kids, they were so excited and to be honest it was decked out far better than my University graduation! The parents were so proud of their kids and some even brought banners (that didnt really make sense... come out fighting??) to cheer their kids one. 1 of the graduating classes was my responsible class and i will admit i got a bit teary at one stage, when they were collecting thier certficates and then the photo montage of their past 3 years at Wonderland (all to soppy music like "my heart will go on!"). There was even a sort musical production of Pinnochio which was amazing!! I had many pictures taken with the kids, even those that i had NEVER taught, well its all part of the fame of being a foreign teacher in Korea.

The day was topped off with a trip to a sea food restaurant (i dont eat anything from the sea and they knew this!), which was fun, i got to watch the Korean teachers demolish everythign that was put in front of them. A dead but still moving Octopus was on the table right next to me.... it disturbed me a little.

Then that same night i went to watch JASON MRAZ at the Olympic park, Seoul. After almost lining up with several hundred teeny boppers we realised we were at the wrong areana, legged it over to the prop[er one having missed the 1st 15mins of the show. But OH MY GOD... he was amazing!!! Not a bum note all night long and he has quite a bit of sex appeal. The Koreans loved him and were so polite!!! no pushing or shoving to get closer to him, great! We had a littel bit of a celeb moment after the show when i was topping up my Soju and coke form the vending machine. The drummer came out and walked straight past us, a little 15/16 yr old Korean boy hopped up and snapped a pic as fast as lightening! well impressed, then we hung around talking to the security guards in the hope that we would get a glimpse or more of Jason.....it paid off!! we were outside when he came out and Andrea almost got run over by his car!!
then some lovely girls on the subway saw our photos and saw how ar back we were and gave us 2 polaroid of jason on stage!!! How lovely!!!

So it was a pretty good night!

Thats the thing about Korea, you never know how your night is going ot turn out, if you will be helped out by a Uber friendly Korean, or get touched up by an uber PISSED dirty korean man!! Just like what happened to me last weekend. I was on the subway going to meet a new friend, this soji drunk man put his arm around me and shouted/slurred "AMERICAN???!!!"" ermmmmm NO!! so i ignored him for a few shouts.. then turned my face away from his breath... then he patted my arse whislt saying "AMERICAN!" so i gave him my best DEATH stare and told him "DO NOT TOUCH ME!!!" then i held the stare for as long as poss and walked to teh next group of passengers. By the way EVERYONE WAS WATCHING.. it wasnt packed so they all had a good view!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb