Cultural Tour part 2


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gyeongsangbuk-do » Gyeongju
August 26th 2006
Published: August 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

When we got back, we had a special dinner of bulgogi while we watched a cultural show. Bulgogi is a very thin meat cooked and served on the pan in the middle of the table. Around it were many different dishes with vegetables in them. Each person got their own serving of rice and a small plate, and everyone shared what was on the table in front of them (family style).
The cultural show was really neat. They had a singer and a drum troupe and some incredible dancers. In the first dance they wore these elaborate costumes with these long sleeves that went all the way down to the floor. They would flick these around as they danced, it looked really graceful. The next one (the most impressive I think) was these two girls who danced while they played ceremonial drums. The drumming was incredible and looked very difficult, and yet they did it gracefully dancing in perfect synchrony. It was amazing. Finally they did a fan dance, which was also pretty cool.
After dinner Steve bought me a beautiful white gold and amethyst necklace. I am excited to wear it.
The hotel elevators were funny. Everyday they had a new rug, with the day of the week on it. We joked it was so you would know what day it was on vacation.
On Sunday we had a combined church service where the worship songs were sang in both Korean and English, and the speaker Ben Torrie alternated between Korean and English. Although sometimes hard to follow, it was neat to have the Korean nationals staff and our foreign staff together in the same service. All in all it was a great weekend, but we are tired and going to bed now. Good night!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb