K-Space and the Chocolate Design Gallery


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gyeonggi-do » Paju » Heyri Art Village
May 14th 2011
Published: May 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

There is a serious chocolatier living across the street with over fifty different tantalizing chocolate desserts to make any mouth salivate. Exquisite aromas flutter out onto the street as the cocoa is combined, fired up, melted, shaped, sprinkled, swirled and molded into chocolate delights. Ninety-percent of the menu is in Korean. The only English words available were ice cream, sundae, chocolate, truffle and cake.

Pointing at a poster the selection is made, money exchanged hands and a number is given. A hand points the way to the eating area strolling past boxed chocolates noticing the prices 9-piece for 15,500 won ($13.90) and 6-piece for 12,500 ($11.10), just in case. Picking a table in the corner beside one of three glass walls staring out into the hazy afternoon, waiting.

Arriving eight minutes later a glass bowl is exchanged for the number and dessert is set in place with napkin and spoon. A smile breaking across the lips as eyes begin to bulge out of their sockets! The chocolatier does not disappoint. The amount of chocolate incorporated is bewildering although the Chocolate Bean Sundae is 9,000 won ($8.01).

Within the glass bowl the contents starring back consisted of an inch of shaved ice with two scoops of homemade chocolate ice cream pressed down into the center. On top of the ice cream a large dollop of sweet red bean paste. Sprinkled around the edge a handful of almond slivers and corn flakes. Surrounding the corn flakes are five pineapple chunks, three honeydew melon slices and four quarter-inch cubes of dark chocolate. Next the dish is dusted with milk and dark chocolate shavings then the slightly warm chocolate sauce is drizzled over the entire mound of deliciousness. A sprinkling of cinnamon and powdered sugar delivers the final touches of aesthetic appeal.

Lips quivering a steady hand scoops out the first spoonful finding almonds, corn flakes, chocolate sauce and ice cream. The flavors jumping around inside the mouth are titillating. The next scoop locates a half-inch pineapple covered in warm drizzled sauce. Arranging it with a couple of shavings the spoon soon delivers another burst of succulent flavors on top of the tongue! Every bite astonishes the taste buds until the final scoop tantalizes the brain, into requesting more chocolate pleasure! Ready to enjoy this chocolate adventure then visit the Heyri Art Valley, site thirty-six.

Open weekdays 11a – 6p and weekends 10a – 8p Tel +82-31-942-7257
http://www.chocolategallery.co.kr

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 66; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb