Pea Soup


Advertisement
Published: December 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

First ViewFirst ViewFirst View

From the apartment
For the past three years we have lived In Alberta where seasonal changes have distinct patterns because summer turns into winter at an unprecedented rate but when winter begins to melt transforming into spring we all know summer is always just a blink of the eye away! Unsure of the seasonal changes in the Paju area, we were skeptical of the weather but looking forward to the months ahead.

Autumn, in Paju didn't start to take shape until mid-way through October. Then about two weeks later on a Thursday morning, we awoke to the bitter cold in our bedroom. Since our arrival in July we had grown accustomed to the sun peaking over the hill in front of our windows splashing through into our living space with its glorious sun rays. However this morning there was no sun? The light was not spreading about inside our apartment rooms which we both felt. Climbing out of bed I tugged on the window covering pulley as the curtain slowly lifted up it revealed a thick clear white pea-soup fog. Standing in front of the window I had the urge to open the window to see if the fog would enter through the window screens filling our apartment?

While we went through our morning routine, I decided to grab my camera and tuck it into my jacket pocket just before leaving the apartment at 8:40am. The fog continued to wrap itself inside and out of every building tucking itself in. As we descended the stairs I explained to Shauna that I would be taking a few photographs of the thick pea-soup and she should just walk on without me!

The following images are from the walk down to clock-in at City Hall, the immense pea-soup fog and the gorgeous colors still clinging to the trees!

Enjoy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb