Where We Be Chillin


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gyeonggi-do » Goyang » Ilsan
November 7th 2006
Published: November 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post


Ilsan is a satellite city of Seoul and this is where we live and work. In Ilsan we have 2 favourite places, Lake Park and Lafesta. Lafesta is a hub of activity, full of shopping, eating and drinking. We go there several times a week. Many of the people that we know who live in other areas in and around Seoul love coming to where we live. It is a wealthy area which is constantly expanding. We never really get bored where we live and have made some good Korean and Western friends.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Singing at a Nora Bong Singing at a Nora Bong
Singing at a Nora Bong

This is a music room which is huge here and surprisingly fun! You get your own private room and bring your own alcohol and party down. They are open 24 hours a day so the best time to go is about 5:00am when everyone thinks they sound awesome!!
Pirate BarPirate Bar
Pirate Bar

This is on of my favourite bars in Lafesta. Drink all night as much as you want you won't be able to spend $20! Seriously cheap and fun.
Ellie's WeddingEllie's Wedding
Ellie's Wedding

Our coworkers wedding. At weddings here there are no dances. We ate and drank, short and sweet!
PrincetonPrinceton
Princeton

Ryan homeroom class, Princeton. They're about 7 years old.
Upenn and CornellUpenn and Cornell
Upenn and Cornell

Lisa's drama class. They're 4 and 5 and they learned a 20 minute play in English, impressive!
Lake ParkLake Park
Lake Park

Lake Park is huge and lots of fun. We often go there to drink and bask in the sun on the weekend.
Singing FountainSinging Fountain
Singing Fountain

This is in Lake Park. Ok I know finding enjoyment in a fountain is odd, but I swear it\'s cool. It does a show, even to English songs. The fountain rocks out to Queen.
Singing FountainSinging Fountain
Singing Fountain

Again this is Lake Park....beautiful!
Lake ParkLake Park
Lake Park

More of Lake Park.
Lake ParkLake Park
Lake Park

and even more lake park.
Lake ParkLake Park
Lake Park

This is the water park part of Lake Park.
Lake ParkLake Park
Lake Park

Enrty into Lake Park.
ThanksgivingThanksgiving
Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving dinner at my BFF here in Korea, Amy. Her mommy was visiting from Ontario and she even made us stuffing.
Peter TeacherPeter Teacher
Peter Teacher

My favourite Korean Boy...My Peter!! (coworker and partner in korean crime)
TrendyTrendy
Trendy

Amy, we're so trendy! We look like the Koreans. (here we are in Lafesta)
Azziz's Wedding.Azziz's Wedding.
Azziz's Wedding.

Another wedding. This time our coworker Azziz from New York.
FoodFood
Food

Supper at Azziz and Jin-Yun's wedding. MMMMM raw beef and kimchi.
Jamie and BlaineJamie and Blaine
Jamie and Blaine

Here we are at our favourite BBQ rib place for our friend's Jamie and Blaine's send off. 90% of the people out that night are from Saskatchewan. Go figure.
Jamie and BlaineJamie and Blaine
Jamie and Blaine

I love these people! Blaine is from Milestone, Jamie Korea (sure you guessed that).
Nora BongNora Bong
Nora Bong

Yup singing at 5:00am. I rocked out some Avril Sk8ter Boi. I'm so cool!
Halloween PartyHalloween Party
Halloween Party

Party with the kindy's.


13th November 2006

Like the pics Hilly!! Lookin good!!
13th November 2006

Awesome!!
Hey guys, Glad to finally see some pictures. Nice to see that you are having so much fun. Miss you lots and can't wait to hear from you again. Love you lots, Erin P.S. I am sooo jealous of the singing at all hours. There are no karaoke places in Winnipeg to fulfill my needs like you have there.
20th November 2006

not exactly cheesy
Hey, I didn't mean cheesy! It was really nice! We totally loved all the pics. The videos were, ummm, interesting. We especially loved the one with Uncle Ryan singing. Ayden says she would love to see a video of the singing fountain. It would also be cool to see some pics of your place. Ayden hopes that your students are doing well in school. She is really worried about the quality of the teachers...just kidding, she didn't say that (the part about the teachers, she really did want to know how the kids were doing!?) We miss you lots and lots and Morgan is thinking that since Ryan is so far away she should be allowed to come in the house... Hope you had a blast in Japan. Love you lots.
27th November 2006

Hey guys!!! I really liked the pictures, the ones of lake park are beautiful!! The kids are so cute, i was wondering did you tell them to give the peace sign or did they just do that voluntarily?? Well I'm enjoying the travel blog so keep updating it.... Have fun!!
16th February 2007

Heyy
Heyy Looks Good Out There Shame Cnt C U In Canada Tho ! Havin Fun i C ! Hallowen was Mazin In Carlyle fancy tht neda tric or treated in mi lyf bt did it wen i was 12 ! Bye Guys x Betty x
9th March 2007

thanks for the video of the singing fountain. not sure when you added that but ayden liked it!! Nice to see where you live!!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb