Boryeong Mud Festival 2007


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Chungcheongnam-do » Boryeong
July 15th 2007
Published: July 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Saturday at 9 o'clock we left for Boryeong. It is a city on the west coast of South Korea. About 2/3 hours, pumping speakers, dancing, lots of stops and laughs we arrived at Boryeong! Sugi asked around for cheap accommodation and we were settled in...

Swimming costumes, hats and suncream and we were off to the mud. On Daecheon beach people were like ants everywhere. Because it was high tide not a lot of beach was available. The sun was beaming down and the South Africans were glowing.

In Boryeong seven kinds of cosmetics including Mudpack are produced after processing the mud gathered from the plain near the Daecheon swimming beach. The Boryeong Mud cosmetics have far-infrared factors which are good for humans and also have high Germanium, Mineral and Bentonite components.

There was a mud bath that went crazy the minute we threw the rugby ball in (we only got it back that night). Then you can go to the "jail" where you paint yourself and other people with mud using a brush. If you want more action one can go mud wrestling where you are sure to be covered in mud. Swimming in the sea was a challenge with all the bottles and papers but it was refreshing! For a more relaxing experience you can go to the Mud Clinic where you can enjoy massages, salt water bath, mud bath and sauna.

For dinner we had Galbi that was delicious and then I went for a mud mask - there were so many different sensations but the best was when she pulled it off...amazing! With my clean face and a muddy body we waited for the fire works that was launched form a near by island. When it finally started...wow! wow! wow!. None of us had ever seen such beautiful fire works. I will never forget it!

The next day every one was tired and we were wondering around like zombies. Some more swimming, mud, sun and a painful medical food message and it was time to go. On the bus everyone was tired but we all had a blast...


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb