April 12+ Korea


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Busan
April 12th 2009
Published: April 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

April 12 th

Today we were going to go to Gyeongju the ancient city consider the museum with out walls but we had a long night last night and decided to sleep in and just get some errands done. We hit the Jukdo market one of the largest in Asia i think. I was massive we only scratched the surface of it.
After that we hit the beach and met up with all the other foreign teachers. It was alot of fun and a good break from the norm, Asians and language barrier. We played hacky sack, football and frisbee. It was a ton of fun felt like a college get together on a beach. Once the sun set a number of us went out to eat another BBQ place this time we had pork and it was really tasty and delicious. Then Dana and i came back to his place and just hung out and went to bed early.

April 13th

We did another work out, which is good because i need to get back in shape these little body weight work outs shouldn't hurt me but they are so its good im starting back with them. Then Dana headed off to work and i took his bike out to try and find a post office, disposable cameras and i don't know why i didn't think of it before but i went back to the bus stop and posted some fliers about losing my phone. I couldn't find a post office or disposable cameras. Oh yea forgot to mention my second camcorder crapped out on me the other day on the mountain hike, so i haven't had any luck with electronics this trip. I think ill have the footage because it turns on just wont let me do anything else and since the screen has blacked out i can't see what its displaying. So any way i found a cheap digital that i was considering buying and then selling when i get back home. When i told Dana about this when he got back from work he told me some one had called saying they have my iphone and are going bring it by tomorrow. Wholly crap that's awesome im so pumped. He said he wasn't going to tell me and try and convince me to stay another night so he could surprise me but he had asked whether i would have bought the camera if i still had my phone and i probably wouldn't have because the iphone takes ok photos. So he buckled thank god. haha Im actually awaiting his return tonight to see if he has my phone. Any way after all the excitement we went to play some more ping pong and this crazy ass drunk guy show up and was getting in our way. He smelled horrible and i think had throw up on his lip. He was disgusting. We moved away to another table but they guy was being a pest and the poor woman didn't know what to do. So when we left i managed to get the guy to follow us out side. It was amazing he was jumping around on the steps up i thought for sure he was going to crack his head open. When we got out side Dana said he didnt want this guy following us home so we decided to walk fast around the block. As we made the corner the guy came running up behind us. I thought he was going to tackle one of us. It was ridiculous so we both took of running around the block to lose him. It was hilarious. I don't think i have ever ran away from a drunk guy haha.
When we got back we watched some planet earth and hit the sack.

April 14

We got up putzed around and then did our work out. Dana made some food and went off to work. I went down the street and had some food and walked around to try and find Dana a new can opener but was unsuccessful. I spent the rest of the day online looking at new iphones might upgrade anyway. haha and updating on here. Still awaiting him to come home hopefully with iphone in hand.

Advertisement



16th April 2009

iphone
Terry that sucks about your phone but at least you were able to get it back. Sounds like you are having a pretty great time, you will have to post a map on your facebook page with a push pin in it for every place that you went so we all know where these places are. Can't wait for you to come down to Charlotte in a couple of weeks, it won't be anything like Asia but should be a good time. See you soon Ken

Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb