Sky@eleven - Hills' apartment


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
July 5th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 1.33047, 103.84

Singapore Airlines brought us in comfortably yesterday afternoon. Bought some champagne at the airport and got some cash out of the ATM. Just love this 28 degrees MasterCard, with its currency conversions at the official exchange rate and no fees on purchases. And even with the new 3% fee for cash withdrawals it's still miles better than changing cash at a bank or currency exchange.

Had a good chat with Julie and Roger, got reacquainted with their friendly 20 year-old Burmese cat Sam and hissed at by the younger Lola. Nice tea and snacks on the deck and then out to Club Street in Chinatown for dinner. Had a great meal at L'Angelus french restaurant, a long time favourite of the Hills. The street was closed off for the evening and there were plenty of outdoor tables and chairs and much revelry and loud music. I forgot my camera - damn, must get back into holiday mode!

This blog I've decided to focus more on recording our travels for future reminiscing, and less on brevity to avoid boredom for our other readers. So I won't be sending out a wide invitation to join in.

Advertisement



12th July 2014

Thank you to my loyal blog Raters. Three for 5 stars, I'm cooking!

Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0161s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb