Singapore Zoo & River Cruise


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
November 14th 2013
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 1.29234, 103.842

Having not eaten for over a day, I was famished, but rather than risk food prepared outside the hotel opted for a small plain menu option from the hotel buffet! That seemed to work OK so decided to do the river cruise around Singapore harbour leaving from Clarke Quay taking about 40 minutes (tickets complimentary courtesy of the hotel) We went straight from there to the underground (MCT) for our journey to Singapore zoo, which was located out of the city centre. We caught the train to Ang Mo Kio. The underground was very clean, well ordered and felt extremely safe. We had to get on a bus from Ang Mo Kio to the zoo, a half hour ride. This cost us about £3 return for both tickets - a billy bargain! On arrival at the zoo, we first did the River safari ( complimentary) which is a new attraction. We thought by it's title if would involve a boat trip, but no, we assumed wrong! It was however a very well engineered attraction and we liked the red panda and polar bear enclosures the best. Walkways took us over the river and the information boards posted ecological details about the main rivers of the world. We then did the main zoo (again complimentary) which was brilliant. All the enclosures feel like you are closer to the animals with less glass and fencing than normal, so you feel closer to the animals. There are really wide natural walkways with lots of greenery, waterfalls, streams etc. lots of shade and a safari train is available if you are too hot walking! Needless to say that at 31 degrees we did a circuit on the train for a rest! We caught the bus and train back to the hotel, had a shower and a cup of tea, cooled down with our air on at full blast, ready for our walk to the restaurants in Clarke Quay for dinner. Sitting by the hotel pool now where there is wifi access as I write this. 11.30 pm off to bed now, this the last night of our trip as we'll be heading to the airport at 8pm tomorrow night ( just one more blog remaining).


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb