Singapore shenanigans...


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
August 7th 2015
Published: August 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Monday July 6th 2015

After a tearful goodbye with mum and dad, Laura and I headed to check in, Laura's bag was first in weighing around 23kgs and mine at around 21kg, I had to laugh that Laura's weighed more when she was only doing 3.5 weeks but knew mine was still super heavy for backpacking! My poor back!

We boarded the plane on time but ended up sitting on the run way for an hour or so, finally we took off and were on way to Dubai, where we had our 3hour lay over.
The flight was smooth and we made it to Dubai with just a short waiting time due to our delay earlier, another 8 hours and we would be in Singapore.

Tuesday July 7th

Touch down in singa... We landed late afternoon so grabbed a taxi and headed straight to the fairmont.
We were lucky enough to get an upgrade with an amazing view.

Jet lag had hit us hard so we decided to chill and then head out for some food and a famous Singapore sling at raffles.

Raffles was a really cool old fashioned bar, with big fans on the ceiling, the floor covered in monkey nut shells and everyone sipping cocktails.
We went straight in for a Singapore sling, no waiting around. we were told by he hotel to make sure it was made freshly in front of us as so many people have them they premake and aren't as good.
The cocktail was goood but it felt so weird throwing the nut shells on the floor. ( apparently it's what they did back in the day of slavery and the ceiling fans were actually held by the slaves while the rich folk sipped on their cocktails, I also read that the nut shells helped clean the floor??)

We decided one was enough as we could barely keep our eyes open so asked for the check, well that was a shock when we got that lol. £17 a cocktail , thank god it was only one each.

Wednesday July 8th
I had the best sleep, it was the comfiest bed ever, it was proved when we didn't wake up until gone noon, missing our amazing free buffet breakfast- jet lag had ruined us.

We decided to head out for a wonder around and grab some food from a local resturant.

God it was humid, we had to walk in random shops just to cool off in the A/c. We ended up at a local place the hotel had recomended for good local food and it was, but we forgot it was ramada week so we had to go and sit in the park as they were only serving until a certain time and no one could eat in. After lunch we found a local museum (mainly to cool off again) and obviously find out a little more about Singapore and its history.

We decide to head to marina bay and see if we could maybe check out gardens by the bay but the rain decided against it so we took for cover and had a nose around the hotel. It turned out ok as we ended up getting to see the light show at gardens by the bay, it was so Colorful and pretty, we decided to end up to the roof top bar they had there, the view was amazing and the rain stayed clear.

After heading back to the hotel we got ready for a night out and headed back to marina bay for a few cheeky cocktails, our luck was in - it was lady's night, free entry and a voucher for a free cocktail. We got taking to a pilot who told us about the club next door so off we went and it was so much fun. Free shots for ladies every hour on the hour, obviously we had to sample that. We ended up strolling In at 4.30am!!

Thursday July 9th,

Check out day, from posh hotel to hostel in china town 😉
Before moving out of our posh digs into the hostel we attempted round two at cloud forest dome, at gardens by the bay. It was the nicest day yet, super sunny and hot compared to the grey wet days we had seen.
We saw some beautiful flower displays and experienced the rainforest/waterfall dome too.


We headed back to the hotel to move onto the hostel in China town, originally we had planned to do the famous night safari but as we read more reviews the les awe liked the sound of it so decided to have an early night as we new we were up early for sentosa island.

Friday July 10th

Off we headed for sentosa island, we got the cable cart along from the train station to the island and decided to check out the water park first while it was so quiet.
Not quite what we expected but had a nice chill out around the lazy river, down one of the slides and then off to the wave pool before we caught up on some zzzz's and soaked up the little bit of sun that was shining.
After lunch we got back on the cable cart and had a look around before heading to sentosa beach.
The sun was back out so we had a stroll along the beach before we spotted a bar we liked the look of, Comfy chairs, a sea view and amazing cocktails- no surprise we stayed there Til dark.
We headed back to th main entrance where we watched another amazing light show in the water/ harbour.

Back at the hostel we packed ready for Thailand tomorrow afternoon.

Up early we hit the temple in China town and had a little wonder through China town market before we headed back to get our stuff for out flight to Bangkok!

Singapore you were expensive but so much fun!














Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb