Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 13th 2014
Published: August 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Bangkok for the last time we headed for our final destination in Asia, Singapore. As soon as we arrived Carly said she could live here. Singapore was clean smelled nice and there wasn't litter all over the floor. All the things Carly looks for in a town. It was pretty good though, from the worlds best airport right through to our hostel which was all set up for the World Cup. The first day we picked up tourist travel cards which gave us unlimited transport for the 3 days we were there all for £20 - and that was for both of us! Every underground stop appeared to be attached to a shopping centre so we did a lot more walking through shops. On our first day we strolled through Clarke quay which had many shops and restaurants and checked out the Singapore Flyer. After eating at a food court near our hostel we went back into the city for an evening in the trees. We went to Gardens by the Bay, a botanic gardens with the added bonus of tree top walks on metal trees that give fantastic views of Singapore and include a light display in the evening. Naturally due to my organisation and nothing to do with luck we timed our tree top walk with the light display. After finishing in the gardens we took a detour back to the MRT station by going across to part of the F1 track.

The next day started early watching England lose in the World Cup and then a trip to one of the other botanic gardens. Unfortunately our trip was a short one as the weather stopped us 5 minutes into the park - from what we saw though it was very nice, you know minus the torrential downpour. From here we did a bit of souvenir shopping already refilling the empty space we had created by offloading a whole suitcase full of stuff to Carly's parents.

On our last day we went to Bugis Street, Little India and Chinatown and saw a whole mix of cultures all in this one city. We headed back to the worlds best airport in the evening ready to start exploring Australia but also a little sad to be leaving Asia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb