Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
December 19th 2013
Published: December 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Final destination and time for a bit of a wind down. Strolled around the bottom of Orchard Rd - John trying to locate somewhere that sold satay's - but no longer in this part of town. Discovered from a local that we needed to take the MRT out to Newton Circle where there is a food court that still sells them - so guess where we headed?? Yes John is in 7th heaven having found his beloved satay's. And yes they do taste different from anything we have back home.

Next day walked around the harbour area. Some amazing architecture in this part. Went to the top of The Sands - this is a hotel complex that looks like it has a boat sitting on top of three pillars. Awesome view of Singapore.

We got a two day tourist pass on the MRT. so went out to Simbawang where John spent quite a bit of time when he was here with the Navy. Had a drink at the Terror Club (US base) and then walked over the hill to see the house where John stayed last time he was here.

Took MRT right around the island - Singapore has changed so much since I was last here - it is all now high rise apartment buildings.

In the evening we watched a light show that the Sands put on and went to have a look at the Christmas lights in Orchard Rd - stunning.

Final day of our trip we wandered through China town, had lunch by the river, went to Raffles to have a Singapore sling and then went back to the hotel to laze by the pool for an hour or two until it was time to leave for the airport.

We've had an amazing time, but are ready for home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb