Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 7th 2013
Published: April 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Botanic GardensBotanic GardensBotanic Gardens

Very clean..
Landed late at Changi Airport to a hot evening in Singapore, chatting with a friendly taxi-driver en route to stay with friends in their 4-storey appartment, admiring the city skyline with its modern skyscapers and giant ferris wheel illuminated against the night sky.

Explored the famous Botanic Gardens, following plant-life through time on the "Evolution Path", walking behind a waterfall and staying cool by eating ice-cream. Headed into the centre past huge shopping malls full of designer shops (and Marks and Spencers), eventually reaching the historic harbour area for a visit to the fascinating and ambitious Asian Civilisations museum, with its exhibits on history and religion ranging from the Indian subcontinent to across SE Asia.

Next day headed out on a harbour boat-trip dwarfed by the surrounding buildings, which finished to the backdrop of an intense tropical deluge. After the rain eased headed out to the Gardens by the Bay, with its "Eden Project" style giant biodomes - one filled with flowers and the other a cloud-forest with high waterfall and elevated walkways.

On the final day enjoyed some delicious but (very) spicy local food before booking a flight leaving that evening to Kuala Lumpur...


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Swan LakeSwan Lake
Swan Lake

Botanic Gardens
MaskMask
Mask

Asian Civilisations Museum
WaterfallWaterfall
Waterfall

Gardens by the Bay
Cloudforest DomeCloudforest Dome
Cloudforest Dome

Gardens by the Bay


30th April 2013
Gardens by the Bay

Wheel
This was only partially built when we were there, so it's so great seeing the whole finished project! Isn't Singapore the humidest place ever!? But really 'cool' as well!
30th April 2013
Cloudforest Dome

So cool!
This looks so much fun! And a bonus - you can walk out into the sunshine - in real cloud forrest you pretty much just get the clouds! :-)

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb