The journey comes to an end.


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
July 1st 2012
Published: July 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Singapore last evening after a 13.5 hour flight. Our plane left Heathrow at 10 pm so we had a full last day in London.

We had a great time in London and the weather was very kind to us. One day was quite hot but I didn't dare complain!

We enjoyed the stage musical Jersey Boys. After the show we went for a wander around Soho and Westend; boy it was busy. There are a lot of theatres in the area so I guess it is nearly always busy at night.

So our days were filled up doing most of the museums and galleries, they were all really easy to get to, the underground is very good and very efficent. We really enjoyed the British Museum, massive place. The Egyptian section was great, lots of Mummies, very fascinating. The British Library was also a good place to visit, some of the early works were from the 3rd and 4th century. They had a room dedicated to the Magna Carta. They also had Jane Austen's writing desk and a pair of her glasses. Both these places were only 5 minutes from our place.

We went to Harrods one day, they were having a sale! The only thing I could afford was their toilet...that was free!!! I saw some nice scarves...120 pounds each on sale...no I did not buy one.

We went to see Abbey Road (scene of the famous picture of the Beatles walking across the road) I took a photo of Graeme ...he didn't look like any of the Beatles!

So our visit to London involved a bit of sightseeing, a bit of culture and yes a bit of shopping....so all in all a good time.

So a few days in Singapore to catch up with Caitlin and then back home.

It will be nice to go home and get into a routine again.

We have had a wonderful holiday and have a thousand memories and stories to tell. But as they say all good things must come to an end.

Cheers Sue and Graeme xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb