Singapore Sling


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 8th 2012
Published: June 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We discovered the Singapore Sling on our 3 day stop over in Singapore. What a fabulous concoction. Singapore is a great place to visit and especially easy for a family vacation. Travelling with our 3 1/2 year old was very easy. The Singapore people are patient, tolerant and extremely helpful. It is easy to get around either by their efficient rail system and even Taxi's. They are affordable and although i was expecting a lot more traffic congestion in a Taxi, this was not the case.

We stayed at the Swiss Hotel and this was in a great a great location to explore. The service was fantastic, the rooms spacious, clean and the staff attentive. The breakfast buffet catered to everyone's needs with a combination of local and western fare.

Santosa Island is worth the visit although our 3 1/2 year old didn't get much from it. She enjoyed playing in the sand at the beach the most and that didn't cost anything. It is an expensive city so don't be fooled into thinking that things will be cheap. We did enjoy a drink on the beachfront whilst watching her play and that was relaxing.

In the evening we enjoyed an amazing dinner in China Town. You have to try the Chilli Crab. A trip to Singapore cannot be complete without eating a chilli crab. Of course it didn't dissappoint. Our daughter is not a fussy eater so we ordered dishes that weren't spicy and she enjoyed prawns, duck, fried rice and plain rice.

The second day we spent shopping, more window shopping than anything else. Being a stop over into Europe we knew that we will find everything cheaper in Europe so it was a nice way to stay out of the heat and do some window shopping. You can't go past the designer stores without walking in. They are triple the size of those in Australia so a sticky beak is a must and the staff aren't as pretentious.

Head to the top of the Marina Bay Sands, it's worth it if you love modern day architecture. The building is a marvel. Again it is around 50SGD for 2 adults and 1 child, but for us worth the spend. I just wish I brought my big lense with me, on the day, to capture some better shots of the city.

We definitely enjoyed this city and hope to visit again but need more time to explore the many wonders.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb