Long trip homewards


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 28th 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Every good story has to end one day, sadly Hinkleys travel blog has only this entry left. After waving the kids off, and sending them both back to London (Lee for another week and Nicole promises she will be home for Christmas) Pete and I headed home. One more stop over was required. The opportunity to catch up with Sharon and Peter in Singapore was something that we had wanted to do ever since they were expatriated with BASF nearly 3 years ago. We had a great night, the weather was perfect for what has now become our traditional "crab dish". These guys have not changed one little bit. The only change is that Peter has succumbed to the aging process and he too needs to wear glasses. We swapped glasses ideas and both agreed there is no shame in ageing gracefully.
After dinner we found a pub full of Aussie supporting patrons for the match Australia vs Italy. It was quite a vocal night, but not the result we wanted.....this was turning into a long night and that flight next morning less attractive.
Arriving home in Australia at 2.00am Hannah and Tully very happy to see us. I guess I will now have to wait until Christmas before we are all together again



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb