The Holiday Inn Atrium


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
May 13th 2006
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Jacky and I had already discussed sharing a twin room here, after all she would be sharing a cabin on board the dive boat with me and another man, so it seemed pointless paying for a second room when there was a spare bed in mine, so we agreed to share a room. When I booked in I was offered an upgrade to a superior room, free of charge only to be led to a double room, not a twin. Fortunately, after a phone call to reception, this embarrassing situation was rectified without too much fuss, although the bell boy was the one who suffered dragging our luggage, which weighed around 65-kgs firstly up to the 25th floor then back down to the 7th floor and also running and fetching us our new door key. Never mind, he was happy with his tip.

Once settled in our twin room we showered in turn before heading back into the surrounding shopping centers. If I were to draw a comparison between the Holiday Inn and Raffles, it would be like a comparison between modern and traditional. In the evening we all met up along with the group from the previous week for a few drinks then both groups led by Jack walked a short distance to a local roadside Chinese restaurant for an evening meal. Afterwards we returned to the hotel for a few more drinks before either retiring for the night or as some did, headed to the airport for their flights home.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb