Singapore Zoo


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
May 16th 2006
Published: May 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hiya everyone - nice to hear from you all. Yesterday we went to Sinagpore City Gallery (development/ conservation museum for us geographers). There was a good mniture village and we got our moneys worth (as it was free). We then headed to Singapore Zoo and the Night Safari. The zoo was great (we loved the monkeys, mousedeer and butterflies). There was a little tropical rainforest section where i nearly got attacked by a monkey but luckily i ran away and bobby attracted the butterflies (see pictures!!).
We went to night safari - but it was pretty dark so quite hard to see anything. We had a little drama during it as BOB lost the camera but luckly we found it when we ran back for ages to where we came from.
Today it is our last full day in singapore adn then tommrow we are headed for bangkok (flight at 1.05pm).
Write soon X


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



16th May 2006

Zoo
At last a picture of the other Bobby! Glad you found your camera - great pictures. Look forward to your Bangkok photos. If you get the opportunity - try the floating market. Love Janet and Keith
16th May 2006

General
Bob u have the same top as my colleague at work! (i made pic big to look at the flower and she was like thats my top) £5 in sale from H&M. Is that a monkey? Oh just remember, that in thailand u get zoos everywhere that are really cheap but are nasty (cruel to animals) although there is a famous and animal friendly elephant zoo in the north of thailand begins with L anyway, I think there is an elephant there that paints pictures with brush and really good ones...like flowers etc. Your hair has frizzed from the humidity! please tell me u didnt take your straighteners!
16th May 2006

ALSO
Forgot to wish a belated bday to Bob! 19 already eh?
16th May 2006

Night Safari
The reason it was dark was because it was a night safari. Mr Ying
17th May 2006

Monkey?
Did you really get attacked by monkies? I would have loved to have seen that haha! Hope you reach Bangkok ok! Lucky you found the camera too.
17th May 2006

Mossie Warning
We just love the stories from Singapore and want to go asap. Hope your trip to Bangkok goes well, and whatever you do don't forget the mossie spray if you are going to the floating market - there is danger of being eaten alive! Enjoy the Golden Bhudda, and your challenge is to get a picture of it with no other people in!
18th May 2006

no people anywhere? (ref Ken's earlier msg)
Yes, Ken, no people in Singapore, probably won't be any in Bangkok either!!! The Bobbys always manage to be 'far from the madding crowd'. It's truly magical how they do it. Am enjoying the photos - especially the wildlife on Bobby's bum. so cute:-) Glad to see other Bobby in full McAleer family holiday mode - checking out the World's largest, longest, tallest, oldest etc. - Guinness would be proud of you. Pls check yr email from me re £. Luv mum xxx

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb