Thanks for reading...


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
November 21st 2008
Published: November 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,
So it’s finally here, our return home is just a matter of hours away. About 12 to be precise, meaning in a little over 24 we’ll be home. Hooray!!

Over 14 hours on a plane with 2 kids is a distant memory, and we kind of wish we could keep it that way. It should be OK though. Anyway that’s what we keep saying to ourselves. The thing is we actually take off at mid-night, landing at 6.30am when it will actually be 2.30 in the afternoon for us. The problem? Once again we’ll be some of the very few people awake for much of the flight.

It’s great to be in Singapore again. With the return meaning the first leg of the flights is shorter, we landed considerably less zombied. So we’ve been able to appreciate it even more than last time. This time we ventured out to a theme park called Sentosa, which included a (very high) cable car ride and an underwater world. The latter of which allowed us to look at (you know what’s coming) more fish, sharks, rays. The kids are practically marine biologists. To be fair there were a couple of differences to this one, including giant spider crabs, a giant octopus and an opportunity for Bella and I to stroke a pink dolphin.

We’ve also enjoyed a walk along the river, lovely food and a couple of cocktails in the hotel (Singapore Sling is lovely although not so macho looking). The best highlight by far was our walk home last night. We came across the very same street fountains that the kids drenched themselves in first time round.

So you can imagine the inevitable happened. They loved it, got absolutely soaked and put on quite a show. People were even stopping to take pictures, although they were Japanese who do tend to like taking snaps. Shelley said a few times that I should go in there with them and I glanced down at my cold beer, then at the cold fountains, then at the cold beer etc. Well you can guess which of them won.
The thing is, Noah came over and actually had the cheek to ask me to go in with them, asking of course in the cutest way possible. So how could I refuse? Anyway, who was I kidding? I loved it. The restaurant even brought out bath towels for the kids.

That (and a couple of cocktails) was the perfect way to end our fabulous trip. It was wonderful watching them both knowing how much they have changed. The trip has been great for us all. Shelley and I have also experienced some wonderful things together, with such amazing scenery, meeting lovely people and experiences we’d only have dreamed about before.

And as we said back in Melbourne, it’s also meant being away from people we’ve missed greatly. So we’re very much looking forward to seeing you all.

Thanks for reading... xx




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb