2nd April - Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 3rd 2008
Published: April 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Took the free shuttle into Orchard Road again and had a good wander. What a world away from the countries I have just visited. Names like Armani, Dolce, Cartier, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Massimo, Marks & Spencer, Chanel are everywhere. All the cars are clean and in excellent condition. The streets are clean and lots of vegetation. The many pedestrian over passes and undergrounds mean you rarely have to negotiate traffic lights. You never see any jay walkers. The traffic flows freely without many pesky pedestrians clogging up the works. Even the buskers and disabled people selling little packs of tissues are only found in the underground tunnels. When I got lost it just meant I found more places to see.

I booked a trip on the Night Safari to see the wild animals at night.

The night safari was fantastic. A 40 minute trip delivered us to the sanctuary and we started by having a really nice meal in the attached restaurant. We then could follow the guide, or do our own thing. The tram took you around all the enclosures, then you could take as many of the 3 walks as you could fit in. It was all beautiful, although some of the animals were a little hard to see in their natural habitats. I was not able to take photos as flashes were not allowed for the animals' sake, but it was absolutely beautiful. The sounds of the jungle added to the soft lighting and the misty air all added to the feeling that you were in another place. Fantastic. You will just have to visit it to get the feel of the place.

Advertisement



4th April 2008

did you go to the loo at the zoo? it's all open...when you wash your hands, you just look out over the vegetation
6th April 2008

zoo loo
No I didn't. Now wish I had.

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb