Singapore- the end of the journey


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 22nd 2007
Published: October 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

18th September
We only had three days in Singapore and although we were determined to make the most of it, sleep was the over whelming driving force since we had no sleep on the flight from Zurich, and the weather was hot and humid (min 25˚, max 32˚, RH 85%)
So after a 4 hour nap in the middle of the day we made plans, and those plans consisted of a trip to the famous Night Safari (http://www.nightsafari.com.sg/) to take advantage of the cooler weather at night. We traveled pretty much the entire stretch of Singapore to get there (about 20mins) and even at 7.30 the heat and humidity were still quite oppressive. Firstly we did a ride around the park with commentary on the different animals, and then we walked around the park so we got longer to observe the animals. Our favorite animals were the Malayan Tapir, Giant Flying Squirrel (who flew over our heads), Slow Loris (venomous mammal) and the Sloth Bear (where we stood for 20 mins trying to get a decent photo- it moved too quickly!).

19th September
To get us going we were booked on a city tour the next morning. On an air conditioned bus we toured the main areas of Singapore- Colonial district, Little India, Chinatown, the Orchid Garden, Esplanade, Gem factory. Some quick shopping in Chinatown where we bought Caitlin an outfit from the “Far Eastern Hawaiian Trading Company” of all places, and where Roger was bombarded with Tailors wishing to suit him up. We enjoyed the Orchid garden, but had to be on constant lookout for Caitlin trying to pick the Orchids ($500 fine). For the afternoon we took a trip to Sim Lim Square to look at 5 stories of electronics. Quite an amazing site, and if you know what you are after I am sure that a bargain could come your way.
After a day out and about it was time for Caitlin to have her first dip in a swimming pool. With a little fear and trepidation she soon got in and enjoyed it, though seemed a little miffed that she herself got wet when she splashed her arms in the water!

20th September
The next day involved another sleep in and a walk on Orchard Road where we cam across shopping centre after air conditioned shopping centre……….. Enough said.

21st / 22nd September
Finally we headed back to the airport and the end of the holiday. An uneventful flight home, overnight in Brisbane and up at 4am for our 6am flight home. All in all a great experience, and Caitlin traveled really well. She managed to pick up many skills within days of returning that would have made our lives more complicated on holiday so we are thankful she waited until we got home to start crawling properly, pulling up to standing, opening doors etc



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Dont touch the OrchidsDont touch the Orchids
Dont touch the Orchids

Its a $500 fine
Electronics galoreElectronics galore
Electronics galore

The photos cannot do this justice


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb