Robertson Quay


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 27th 2007
Published: September 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well here we are again travelling. After a great flight on Singapore Airlines arrived at sparrowfart and of course could not do the nails and stuff and hang out in the Rain forest at the aiport as i was worried about my suitcase. Terry forgot to tell me to not worry and pick it up at the lost luggage when i had finished pampering myself. so i found myself at the Robertson Quay hotel and having to pay for an extra night as i though i could have a shower and a sleep but after tossing around in my bed for 3 hours decided to get up and explore waiting for Terry to arrive. the view fromt he bedroom was great and so i headed for the colourful buildings i couls see from my window to find its Clarke Quay and famouse tourist area. whilst taking pictures i see terry in my view finder and he had found me!!! so we started on our day. we walked a gazillion miles down the famous Orchard Road had a delicious bowl of soup in these great food halls cheap and tastey and then walked back via this hill called Fort Canning which is an awesome park. changed shoes and went to china town for dinner. being mooncake festival (or succot for the jewish folk!!) we celebrated with dinner and of course i had to buy a moon cake filled with lotus paste and seeds mmmm. by now my feet were killing me and i was so tired having been up for a full 36 hours or more and you all know how i like to have my 7 hours every night!!! Any way the next morning up and out and back to chinatown for a decent pair of walking shoes and plenty of plasters. we went to singapore zoo for the day. caught the underground and bus and had the most wonderful time. I am not a huge zoo fan especially after shanghai zoo and the very sad pandas but the animals here are in the most amazing enclosures its really a luxury prison for them. but what i loved the most is at every opportunity the zoo tells you about concervation, recycling and trying to save our earth. the kids of singapore might be the ones to save the planet. the night safari which we did afterward was a bit dissapointing and hey man i come from africa and the land of safaris and night drives so maybe i am a bit jaded but after seeing the zoo during the day the night scene was not so fantastic for me. a big money spinner for singapore though and if it helps and makes people aware of saving our planet then it s a huge success. on the way home we stopped between bus and tube and had dinner with the locals all so cheap and delicious. i had satays and bbq chicken wings yummy.

well we kept on missing the duck as its so popular by the time dinner comes around its all finished so this morning we got up a bit late and had brunch in chinatown. dont need to guess what we had??? full marks if you guessed duck and it was great. a few dim sum and veggies and we were set for the day. we roamed around sentec mall - about 5 canal walks rolled into one. a shoppers dream like the whole of singapore. yes its clean and effecient like you read everywhere but do they tell you how polite the people are and so helpful. i really like the singaporeans.

Our hotel has proved to be good too. small room but awesome view and everything we need. so now we are going to get ready as we are leaving for malaysia tomorrow. i am going to leave my small bag behind at the 7th Story Hotel where we are going to stay on our return and then we are going to go to little india. i am so looking forward to that. so folks and all others reading this blogg cheers for now and catch you in Malaysia lots of love lee

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb