'The gateway to South East Asia'


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
August 1st 2007
Published: August 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived fairly late and managed to navigate across to terminal 2 and get to our Hostel on the other side of the country! Singapore peninsular is one small country consisting of one huge city. The local transport system, MRT, is super-slick and efficient, if only Singapore had been the bench mark for the rest of it's neighbouring countries!

We didn't really experience the humidity until the following day. The skies looked to [romise rain, but although it stayed grey for the duration of our stay, we never got wet!

We walked and intermittantly caught an MRT train around. We saw the colonial district, wandered the streets of China town, Orchard Road and managed to make it out to Changi Prison and Little India as well.

Relatively speaking, Singapore isn't as cheap as we had hoped. The odd electrical price would catch my eye, (mainly camera accessories!) but by comparison to ever-low internet prices, we barely did any shopping.

The people here are really friendly, and the SE Asia phrasebook we purchased offers nothing for Singapore due it's hugely diverse ethnic population. Half the locals conversed in English as one may have been Chinese and the other Indian, English being the compramise!

The largest challenge seemed to be using chopsticks, but Anne and I are determined to eat local food the local way!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb