Just a kind of newsy posting


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
August 14th 2005
Published: August 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

just thought I'd kind of actually say hello.

thanks to all those people reading and making comments and everything still.
its good to read.

i've made it safely back to Singapore and feel much better now.
i was actually sick yesterday, just from the smoke and everything i think,
but all the way on the train and into last night i had a headache, fever and felt like crap.
luckily that didn't stop me getting through customs.
it reminded me of when i was in china during sars, so i made sure i looked bright and chirpy for a couple of minutes.
i did enjoy my ride anyway, of course, how can you not? and ive got a funny story to tell you about that time too.

anyway, i got 12 hours, though a little restless, sleep last night.
and i feel totally fine today, so don't worry at all. its all fine.

now in response to a couple of you, i wanna tell you guys that i am enjoying myself and i AM relaxing. some things i find relaxing are just work to some other people.
but i can actually get a lot done in a day, and still sit down to long lunches and dinners, catch a movie in the evening, go to an internet cafe at night etc....
you can fit a lot more in when you get up early, go go go all day, and keep going right up until you go to sleep. (right now, and at the next place too, there is no tv), so im tempted to stay out later and later, whereas before, i came home when i was tired and watched tv which was interesting and education in its own right, until i went to sleep.

i only go to an internet cafe when i need a break or am too tired to do anything else, or as it turns out, during torrential rain and things like that too.
so it may seem like im getting a lot on here, but it all fits in a day with time to spare.
and many of you will know that im a fast typer!! you know, you pay by the 15 minutes here, and sometimes even by the minute. it probably looks like it must have taken hours or something, but actually i type fast and its very simple to put the photos on actually. and im getting faster with this site cause i actually know what im doing now.

oh, and about getting round all day and stuff like that - some of you would know that i was on a 3 week detox before i came, and got into more exercise and stuff as well at the same time and lost a few kgs that way. but now, ive been walking for a WEEK, so i dont know if ive lost kgs cause its just probably replaced by a little muscle, but ive lost cms on the thighs already, which makes the holiday perfect!! my legs are sore everyday by the afternoon... but whatever!

as you all know, ive had bad things happen recently that i try not to think of too much. you know, at the moment im in a very self-pitying mood, which is tough. And the busier i am, the less i think of all that. a drawback of travelling alone is that there is a bit too much time to think! your mind wanders when you are just walking down a street, waiting for an elevator or something like that. its hard to be reminded all the time in little ways too.

but, what i was saying, anyway, was that i am relaxing. i intend to have a massage, a manicure and perhaps a pedicure is now needed, while im in thailand. ill be sightseeing and going crazy in bangkok at least at first, but i still dont know if im definately going up to chiang mai or whatever yet, so ill just see what happens and do what i feel like at the time.

a quick sorry to stormwolf for putting her name on that message about the fire stuff -- it was actually all about someone called storm, and i made a mistake. so, sorry about that, and ive actually fixed it now. still haven't heard from storm yet, who was probably just 'passing through'. we'll see.

well, im going to add a couple of other things to the pages now
it was good to write a real kinda 'email' to you guys
talk to you soon

luv rach

Advertisement



14th August 2005

No probs
No probs Rach, no offence taken!! :-)
15th August 2005

sore legs
As I always said (as a traveller), if you haven't got sore feet/legs by the end of the day, you haven't done enough. Keep it up Rach!

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb