Super City


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
July 12th 2005
Published: July 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The journey from KL to Singapore was yet another eventful one. Instead of bugs, we were joined by the family from hell who were sat directly behind us. They were kicking our chairs, peering over the top of the seats and staring at us like we were aliens. They really were annoying little sh*ts and the parents were almost as bad!!!!

We crossed the connecting bridge from Malaysia to Singapore and through immigration which took ages. It was immediately obvious how different this country was to Malaysia- and we welcomed it with open arms! Firstly the people were really helpful and friendly, unlike those we had left behind. One hostel we had been advised to go to had been booked out so spent a while walking around trying to find an alternative before heading out for some food. We found a lovely but expensive courtyard called Chijmes, serving many different types of food in a beautiful setting. Like we have said though- it was very expensive, but after all the trecking around looking for accomodation we deserved it.

The following day we managed to get booked into the 7th Storey Hotel- a really nice place at budget price. It
Olympic Commitee BannerOlympic Commitee BannerOlympic Commitee Banner

These were posted all over Singapore, had to take a photo really. Well done London
was nice to be able to do our own washing aswell and have more than just a small cell of a room to chill out in. The staff were once again extremely helpful and kind to us. Not really much to say about our first day other than we spent most of the day walking around the shopping centres on Orchard Road- there are so many shops there and our feet were killing us by the end of the day. It was great to walk around a shoppping centre without getting hassled by various shop keepers trying to get our custom.

Singapore Zoo was our destination for our second day. The transportation systems there are amazing and we were suprised how smoothly everything ran there and how clean the underground was. The buses even had TVs in them playing films. London and many other cities around the world could learn a lot from Singapore's transport system! The zoo was another spectacle to behold. It has the reputation of being the best zoo in the World, and we would definitely agree. It was great fun walking around the zoo during the day but the best part of it was going on night safari, where as you can imagine we walked and got driven around the zoo to see the animals at night. We were lucky that the torrential rain stopped and we could go on the night safari- it pelted it down for about an hour.

We also did some touristy things such as holding various snakes and posing for pics- its gotta be done really. Martin also got picked from the crowd when we were watching some tribal dancing to blow a dart from a bamboo stick at some balloons- he missed first time of course but got there in the end!!

Our time in Singapore was great and we really enjoyed spending time in such a clean, friendly and relaxed but organised city. It was well worth the stop on our trip through Asia. It was expensive though, which is why we only spent a couple of days there.

Next stop Bali......


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb