Purple Orchids


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
March 20th 2007
Published: February 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a short bus journey and walk we arrived at the orchid and botanical gardens in Singapore. An array of beautiful orchids of all colours, shades, shapes and empowering scents. Ellie's favourite - many exotic purple species. Many of the orchids commemorated after famous people. We saw a few couples having their wedding photos taken in the beautiful exotic surroundings and on the small arched bridges.

Then we walked in the huge botanical gardens, with towering trees, lots of green open space and lakes. (Hidden beautiful and mystical surroundings in such a busy upbeat city - a retreat). We spotted a few terrapins swimming around the Lilies in the lake, then we sat in the summerhouse for a while enjoying the views - after a hectic couple of days! Peaceful and tranquil surroundings, well worth the visit. Quite a hot and humid day though!

After we revisited Chinatown for a few more souvenirs. We also enjoyed a vegetarian Buddhist meal next to the numerous Hawker stalls - very healthy, and sampled some unusual drink combinations. We wandered around the heaving streets in Chinatown, soaking up the lively atmosphere, before heading back to our hostel.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

ChinatownChinatown
Chinatown

Lanterns everywhere


Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb