Safe in Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
March 6th 2007
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

FountainFountainFountain

Inside one of the numerous Malls we came across this star shaped fountain.
Contrary to BBc reports, the earth did not move for us!!!!!!
We were in a shopping Mall, there are numerous Malls here, one leading onto the other, and as we were below ground at the time we felt nothing.
We are very impressed with the helpfulness and friendliness of the locals, as well as the cleanliness and quiet of such a large city.
Hotel is great, when we eventually found it. Walking around a HOT strange city at 9 p.m, after a long delayed flight, dragging a suitcase and wife ( she says I can't say that, but I have) is not recommended for anyone , but especially 'old gits.'
This morning we investigated Suntec City mall to collect a map or two and came across the Raffles complex - very picturesque and even has its own museum. After negotiating th Singapore version of the Metro (but 10 times better) we got to Canning Park and th wartime bunker used by the British Army prior to the surrender - fascinating
Raffles hotel was something to behold, but too expensive for us . However I have taken a couple of interesting photos.

Wednesday
Visited Night Safari and it was GREAT,
Raffles!!!!!!Raffles!!!!!!Raffles!!!!!!

Yes, I know it's a toilet, but everywhere else was too expensive.
especially the bats at head height and the flying foxes.
The ride through the jungle is fantastic tooo all the animals seem to be waiting in the right spot but are free to wander around ( behind moats or glass of course, but in natural habitats)
A MUST DO for anyone who comes.

Thursday
Orchard road fro shoppig, too busy for me but some may like it.
Sentosa Island on the cable car is the place . The car launches out of a 15 storey sky scraper and goes over water to the island AND back too. Poor Wendy was terrified, so I consoled her with a cake and coffee in a posh cafe.

Off to Adelaide now .
No pics as this comp won't download them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Jumping in Singapore riverJumping in Singapore river
Jumping in Singapore river

Not real children, but bronze statues.
Night Safari at Singapore ZooNight Safari at Singapore Zoo
Night Safari at Singapore Zoo

At the entrance. It gets much more spooky later on, but VERY exciting.


13th March 2007

Finally caught up with it. Very interesting, looking forward to the next bit.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb