A hop, skip and jump from Manila to Melbourne


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
December 29th 2006
Published: January 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Stylin...Stylin...Stylin...

...How do you like me new haircut?
We hope you all survived the Christmas season without too much weight gain.

Christmas in Manila was different to say the least. Sunshine made a dramatic change from the Irish rain and fish replaced the traditional gobble-gobble for dinner. Other than that, the booze, mass and tv were very similar...even a great seasonal showing of The Polar Express to see in Christmas day. By St Stephens day, our lovely hotel room with fabulous buffet breakfast was a distant memory and we were back to planning the next step.

We left Manila behind us with the sound of fire crackers, gunshots and all sorts of other loud crazy things ringing in our ears. On check-in we discovered that our flight was delayed by a few hours...but much to Eds delight free KFC meals arrived for everyone. Anyone who knows me well will know I hate the place so poor Ed never gets to go there, his little face lit up at the sight of the Colonel...especially as he got double helpings

While lying on White Beach, Boracay, a week before Christmas, it suddenly struck us we would be in Oz the following Saturday..oooops! This sparked off a flurry of bookings and credit card abuse. We haven't even got there and already it has used up way too much of our travel time and far too many yoyos swallowed up by internet cost! We arrived in Singapore and wasted a whole day on trying to plan Oz and recovering from our long day travelling. Luckily we had checked into a fab hostel (One Florence Close) which was spotlessly clean, quiet and had the love of all backpackers...FREE STUFF (namely hot drinks and internet in this case). Today we had to leave our refuge in search of cheapy dorm beds (we have to leave in the middle of the night and couldn't see the point of paying for a room) but it also got us off the FREE internet and out and about in Singapore again. We spent the afternoon wandering around Little India...all the smells and colours making us nostalgic for our time in Rajasthan. We topped off the day with a huge bargain curry...God Bless Indian Food!

So off to Melbourne bright and early tomorrow...money is getting tight and the budget will be stuck to rigidly in Oz so these blogs, emails and texts may be a little less frequent. But shur we'll be home soon.

HAPPY NEW YEAR


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

HomeHome
Home

Did we mention we bought a tent for Oz?


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb