Rose and Ron Krumpos in Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 10th 2022
Published: February 10th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Singapore

Eating at food stalls on Singapore's Esplanade

On Singapore's Esplanade - along the waterfront - we ate at food stalls which served freshly prepared satay...chicken, lamb or beef skewered on sticks and cooked over an open flame. Very tasty and very cheap. We then took a cycle rickshaw to Chinatown. We also dined with Bob Chamberlain, Director of Sales for the Shangri-La - our luxury host hotel and flagship of Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts - and had another dinner at the Raffles, built in 1887 and still a grand hotel.

We were hosted from Bangkok by Singapore Airlines which served with fine crystal, china and silver...the best of any airline. Sonnie Lien, G.M. of the Mandarin Orchard Hotel, was disappointed that we did not stay with him. Singapore is a true multi-cultural island nation: Although predominately Chinese, it has a large population of Malays, Indians and Anglos. The most prosperous Southeast Asian country, it has many (benign) laws controlling the behavior of its citizens. Ron's first visit was for Northwest Airlines, exploring the possibility of going online there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb